Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weight loss, Thanksgiving, Christmas, & My Amazing Brother

Sorry I haven't posted for so long. Things have been going on and it seems life is passing me by. So just a recap of what has happened since last June. First off, I worked my tail off from June to December to get to my goal weight. On December 1 I managed to hurt my back and now am unable to do much in the ways of exercising since I have a herinated disc and my siatic nerve is killing me. It has been very hard on me to not be active like I have been the past year.

Thanksgiving with the family was great and helped remind me how important everyone is to me.

Just before Christmas we took a trip to Temple Square to see the lights. It was a great date night for me and Cody. I love that being something we try to do every year.




About a week Christmas we decided to spoil ourselves and bought new couches!!! We've had the same low rider hand-me-down 1970's couches since we were married. We had some extra cash and decided to put it to good use and make our house a home. We absolutely love them!!!! And Vinnie loves them too! We used to never ever spend time in our family room because our couches were so uncomfortable before. Now every chance we get we're down in the family room.





Christmas was great, my parents loved their gifts we had made them. I made my book called "I Love Grandpa Because..." and all the grandkids explained what their favorite things about grandpa were with tons of pictures of him and the kids. For my mom, I scanned all the pictures of our first Spain trip and made it like a journal so she knew the days we were there and the names of all the places we visited.





On New Year's Eve we had a tragedy happen in our family, we lost my amazing brother Shane. It has been a rough thing to get through for all of us. Every day I miss him and think about him so much. I have never noticed how much love could come from such a sad thing. Here are some of the pictures of him and from his funeral that we took.

1 comment:

LANKY and KARIS said...

Sam! You look amazing. I haven't seen you in forever. Good for you for working out so hard. YOu seriously look awesome. I'm sorry for your loss. Hope things are going well.